Address and contacts:
Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic
Headquarters: Kaplanova 1931/1, 148 00 Praha 11 - Chodov
Company ID: 62933591
Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic (NCA CR) is a governmental body established by the law on Nature and Landscape Conservation in 2015. The main aim of NCA CR is to protect and conserve nature and landscape on the whole territory of the Czech Republic. The NCA CR manages 24 Protected Landscape Areas (IUCN Category V) and about 800 other types of protected nature areas (IUCN categories Ia, III, IV).
The NCA CR’s scope of operations includes namely:
- monitoring the status, changes and trends in selected habitats and their types and populations of the endangered, specially protected wildlife species,
- technical and expert support of the State Administration performance including methodological and expert activities,
- performance of the State Administration in nature conservation and landscape protection within the Protected Landscape Areas as well as on the rest of the Czech Republic’s territory, under the Act on the Protection of Nature and the Landscape,
- administration of the Nature Conservancy Central Register and the central governmental documentation on nature conservation and landscape protection; operation of a specialised library and an administrative archives,
- design, development and management of the Nature Conservancy Information System,
- implementation of practical measures to conserve nature and to protect landscape in the 24 Protected Landscape Areas and 208 National Nature Reserves and National Nature Monuments on the whole Czech Republic’s territory,
- administration of national subsidy programmes as well as some European Community funds serving to conserve nature and to protect landscape,
- payment of financial compensations for the damages caused by specially protected animals and for loss of property in agriculture, forestry and fishpond management,
- state property management in the Czech Republic’s Specially Protected Areas,
- awareness raising and communication and education in nature conservation and landscape protection; consulting and education, coordinating national programme of Protected Landscape Areas' visitor centers - Houses of Nature
- international cooperation in nature conservation and landscape protection; NCA CR is a Scientific Authority of the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in the Czech Republic.
More information is under What we do.